Summer is finally here! The kids are our of school and finally getting some sunshine and fitness. Right?
Only in my dreams, at least. Mother Nature has been hitting us with monsoon-like weather leaving our ground soaking wet. We’ve gotten out in the sunshine a little but mostly we’ve watched our hopes of being outside float down the steady stream of water.
Thankfully, we have ideas on how to keep them entertained while engulfing them in a positive message. Make some beach-inspired snacks, create themed decorations, grab a few friends and watch Teen Beach 2! Not necessarily in that order, of course.
Festive food and decorations are great, but even more fun when incorporated into the party! So rather than spend a lot of time preparing the party, make the preparation PART of the party. Start with themed foods that everyone will appreciate.
All these activities and ideas can be done while watching the movie. Well, when guests aren’t dancing, that is!
- Origami bracelets: When I was a kid I remember my cousins making these really cool bracelets and necklaces out of gum wrappers. They showed me a few times how to do it but I was never able to master it. Save gum wrappers to give these Teen Beach 2 origami bracelets more character. As a bonus, recycling garbage fits right in line with the theme of the movie!
- Origami lei necklaces: Beachify your outfit with a lei!
- Photo booth props: What tween, teen (and yes, even mom) doesn’t love a good photo booth. Create beach-inspired props to help capture the memories of the day.
- Picture frame: Create a frame specifically for the photo booth memories!
- Dance lessons: Watch a few of the videos to learn the dance moves then join in during the movie!
- Lounge “chairs”: Have guests bring their favorite beach towel. They can lay out on the floor like they’re on the beach.
If Mother Nature decides to be a beach, make a party out of it! Teen Beach 2 premieres June 26th at 8pm on Disney Channel.
What recipe or craft would you put top on your list?