Articles About Puzzles

Colorful Puzzles from MasterPieces

Colorful Puzzles from MasterPieces

I would like to take a moment to ask you to look back one of my holiday gift guide posts. Do you remember me recommending MasterPieces, Inc. puzzles as part of our STEAM gift guide. I did this because I truly love puzzles and have always en ...
Thrift Treasure: Subtrax Puzzle Game

Thrift Treasure: Subtrax Puzzle Game

I remember having a copy of Peg Solitaire in our house when I was a young child. You probably did too. It’s the game where pegs are put into a grid and you jump them back and forth trying to get down to just one. Some versions had a s ...
Dr. Livingston’s Anatomy Jigsaw Puzzle Overview

Dr. Livingston’s Anatomy Jigsaw Puzzle Overview

If you follow along with our Thrift Treasure series every Sunday, you already know that we’ve spent a few hours putting together puzzles lately. Last Sunday’s article shared some history of jigsaw puzzles as Scott told about a h ...
Thrift Treasure: Round Puzzles

Thrift Treasure: Round Puzzles

I’m sure Nicole’s mentioned it before, but I’ll rehash it in case you’ve missed her comments. From a young age she has always has a fascination with jigsaw puzzles. Every year she would receive a couple at Christmas ...
Thrift Treasure: Architecto Puzzle Game

Thrift Treasure: Architecto Puzzle Game

Some of our favorite single-player games are the puzzles offered by ThinkFun. With challenges that increase in difficulty the longer you play, they are appropriate for nearly every age range. Other companies have offered similar products, b ...
Thrift Treasure: Lo Shu Square Puzzle

Thrift Treasure: Lo Shu Square Puzzle

By now you’ve probably become accustomed to our weekly Thrift Treasure series and the wonderful, and sometimes not-so-wonderful, games we bring home. 98% of our thrift purchases are board or card games! The other 2%? Puzzles! While we ...
Silver & Gold Game Overview

Silver & Gold Game Overview

Of all the polyomino games I told you about last year, Second Chance flip and write game continues to be my favorite. There’s something about the simplicity of the game’s rules combined with its puzzle aspect that appeals to me. ...
Ubongo! Extreme Puzzle Game Overview

Ubongo! Extreme Puzzle Game Overview

Back in July Nicole talked about a fun-size edition of Kosmos‘ hit puzzle game, Ubongo!, as we highlighted a number of titles that utilized polyominos as a major feature. This affordable version featured everything offered by its full ...